- Consulting for individuals and companies, both national and foreign, in the interpretation and application of federal, state and municipal taxes;
- Special tax regimes, obtainment of tax incentives and payment installment management;
- Tax planning and organization of economic groups;
- Assistance during inspections and audits;
- Recovery of tax credits and compensation;
- Assessment of tax impacts in commercial contracts;
- Prevention of contingencies.
- With extensive experience in tax litigation, the Fabro & Menezes Law Firm defends and represents its clients in the Tax Administrative Courts (TAT, Taxpayer Councils and the Administrative Council for Tax Appeals - CARF) and judicial at federal, state and municipal levels, in all courts, including before the Superior Court of Justice (STJ) and the Supreme Federal Court (STF) in Brasília.
Areas of Expertise
- Establishment and structuring of corporations;
- Drafting of minutes, agreements, contracts and articles of association;
- Corporate restructuring: acquisitions, mergers and spin-offs with assessment of the tax aspects involved;
- Judicial dissolution of corporations and limited liability companies;
- Joint Ventures (SCP) and Special Purpose Companies (SPE);
- Member representation at meetings and assemblies;
Asset Protection and Estate Planning
Manage assets acquired over a lifetime and ensure the perfect management of the fruits of one’s labor in a peaceful succession to heirs are measures of prudence, savings and peace.
The Fabro & Menezes Law Firm can help you create a family holding, minimizing the taxes levied in the transfer of ownership of the assets gathered and guaranteeing corporate governance rules for the succession of corporate management.
Family Business and Corporate Governance
The Fabro & Menezes Law Firm, through the experience acquired by its partners in large corporations, usually assists and advises corporate families before entering:
- Shareholder Agreements, Protocol or family pacts;
- Protective corporate instruments of the corporate assets (holdings);
- Coexistence Agreements, Wills and Prenuptial Agreements;
- Management agreements for family companies;
- Board of Directors with good governance practices applicable to family businesses;
Tax Liability Management
The high Brazilian tax burden and the complexity of its legislation require quality information, fast response and perfect contingency of the lawsuits under discussion.
While working for companies listed on the stock exchange, the Fabro & Menezes Law Firm developed its own method to assess and manage contingencies under litigation and assists its clients in the decision-making process evaluating:
I – Advisable paths;
II- Possible paths;
III- Inadvisable paths;
IV- Risks and chances of success based on administrative and judicial court precedents for each reported path;
V- Management strategies for debts with high probability of loss;
Medical and Health Law
- Client representation before all Brazilian judicial courts and arbitration judgments in issues related to medical and health law;
- Advice and assistance to the physician in ethical-disciplinary, civil and criminal proceedings;
- Legal advice for the proper establishment of medical societies, where it is possible for health-care professionals to use the privileges of the Consumer Protection Code, the new Brazilian Civil Code and the Medical Ethics Code in case of future litigation;
- The update of theoretical knowledge of professionals related to medical law and health legislation, providing proper doctor-patient relationship adapted to the appropriate circumstances;
- Promotion of contacts and interdisciplinary scientific exchanges between the various people and institutions interested in medical law and health legislation;
- Guidance through lectures conducted by health-care professionals about the prevention of lawsuits, in addition to the updating of other scientific activities in medical law and health legislation;
- Guidance for the adherence and implementation of informed consent forms specifically adapted for each medical service.
- Client representation before all Brazilian judicial courts and arbitration decision related to labor and union law.
- Act preventively in advising its clients aiming at the composition of interests, thus avoiding the filing of lawsuits.
Civil and Commercial Litigation
The trust placed by clients in the management of relevant litigation of a civil and commercial nature motivates the members of the Fabro & Menezes Law Firm for the careful analysis of each document and the pondered choice of the best arguments and words in order to benefit its clients.
Foreign Capital Investments and Nationalization
The trust placed by foreign investors that have decided to invest in Santa Catarina has made the Fabro & Menezes Law Firm a reference for those who need to plan corporate structuring for investments in Brazil, understanding the rules and possible paths, obtaining the permits and work visas for their partners and employees, as well as the remittance of profits abroad.
Collection of Deeds and Credit Rehabilitation
Civil collections and actions focused on results require that the Fabro & Menezes Law Firm be assertive in order to detect fraud and possible misappropriations.
The collection work is done by means of an exclusive method to ensure creditors the best possible results in face of the difficulties of the judicial process.